Welcome to the FME Evangelist, a site for Safe Software to circulate technical information to all our users.
My role is to evangelize new FME functions to the world on Safe’s behalf. You may have noticed me participating in user group discussions under the name mark2atsafe, or have attended a training course that I’ve taught.
As the FME Evangelist my focus matches our product cycle:
- Functionality to appear in the next release (a Sneek Peak).
- Functionality appearing in a recent release (a Special).
- A good example using FME technology (a Use Case)
…with the occasional diversion onto items such as important technical news, upcoming events, Safe blog postings, etc.
FME Evangelism and Your Feedback
I don’t see evangelizing as a one-way process. As much as I’m supposed to preach the good news to you, I feel it’s important that I should also promote user requirements and suggestions to the decision makers at Safe.
So please feel free to contact me to discuss any ideas or suggestions you might have for making FME a better product. It doesn’t matter how small the issue - a minor tweak to a GUI or log message for example - our developers’ favourite fixes are the small ones that have a big impact.
FME Technical Resources
Besides myself, Safe Software has a number of other technical resources:
- Technical Support: the most-excellent FME support team
- FMEpedia: an FME product knowledgebase
- FMEtalk: an FME discussion group
- FME Channel: : an FME YouTube channel
I hope you find these resources of use, and I look forward to spreading the FME word.